Working in the office for 9 to 10 hours continuously affects both the mind and the body. You can take the help of yoga to get rid of headache, fatigue and stress while sitting in the office. Yoga not only works to keep you physically fit but its practice also gives you mental peace. In today’s hectic lifestyle, people are unable to find time for their fitness. In such a situation, when you work in the office for 9 hours a day, then many problems will have to be faced. If you are facing problems like tension, tension and neck pain or headache in the office, then you can practice some yoga asanas while sitting in the office to get rid of them. You can practice these 5 asanas to relieve stress and fatigue in the office.
If you want to learn different types of yoga then you can learn Yoga Teacher Training India.
Everyone has to suffer from fatigue, body ache and stress while working in the office. Because of this our work is also affected. You can practice these yogasanas in the office itself to avoid problems like fatigue, mental stress in the body after working on a chair continuously.
By doing stretching while sitting in the office, you can reduce the fatigue and pain in the body throughout the day. It also improves the circulation of blood in your body. People who practice yoga or exercise regularly do stretching first. Stretches can also be taken to get rid of the pain in the muscles. If you do stretching regularly, then it benefits in reducing cholesterol in your body. Stretching is also beneficial in stiffness and pain in the body.
How to do stretching:
- To do stretching while sitting in the office, first of all, raise your arms upwards.
- Now bring both your hands above the head.
- Keep both the hands crossed over the head.
- Now pull your body upwards from above the waist and emphasize on the hands.
- Stretch the hands and the upper part of the body while drawing the breath into the stomach.
- Doing this 3 to 4 times will give you relief.
2. Chair Pose Yoga
You can practice office poses to get rid of problems like tension, headache, back pain and body pain in the office. By practicing chair pose in the office, you will get rid of back pain and pain in the muscles of the legs. Its regular practice strengthens your waist, spinal bones and legs. Chair Pose is also known as Utkatasana. Its practice is very beneficial for the spine, chest and lower back. Regular practice of Utkatasana gives peace to both body and mind. Its practice is beneficial to reduce stress and tension in the office and to get rid of pain etc.
How to do chair pose
- To practice Chair Pose or Utkatasana, stand from a chair.
- Now make a little distance between your two feet.
- Take both your hands towards the front and keep them straight.
- Now bring your waist in this position as if you are sitting on a chair.
- Remain in this position.
- After remaining in this position for some time, come back to normal pose.
3. Garudasana Yoga or Eagle Twist Pose
You can practice Garudasana or Eagle Pose to avoid fatigue and stress while working in the office. Garudasana is a Vinyasa-style posture whose practice benefits your shoulders, hips, upper back and thighs by doing Karna. By doing Eagle Twist Pose, the pain in the muscles of your hands and shoulders also ends. Practicing this asana also gives you peace of mind. If you are feeling tired or stressed during work in the office, then practicing it is very beneficial for you. Garudasana has many benefits for physical and mental fitness.
How to practice Garudasana:
- You can practice Garudasana or Eagle Pose in the office in two ways.
- The first is to practice the Eagle Twist Pose while sitting in your chair.
- For this, you have to bring both your hands forward.
- Now place your right hand on top of the left hand and wrap both the hands together.
- Now bring the hands in front and stay in this position for some time.
- To practice Eagle Pose in another way, stand on a flat surface.
- Place the left leg on the right leg and wrap them together.
- Stand on the toes and heels and then follow the procedure mentioned above for the hands.
4. Sukhasana Yoga or Seated Twist Yoga Pose
You can practice Sukhasana to reduce fatigue and stress due to continuous work in the office. Sukhasana is considered to be the most basic and easy yoga. You can easily practice this in the office. From the name of this asana you can understand that the purpose of doing it is to attain peace and happiness. The practice of Sukhasana gives peace to your body and peace to your mind. By doing regular practice of Sukhasana, the spine becomes straight and many other benefits are also available. You can also practice Sukhasana while sitting on the ground or on your chair to get rid of stress and pain in the office.
Method of doing Sukhasan:
- To do Sukhasana, first of all, bend both your legs and sit on a cross.
- After sitting, place both your hands on the knees.
- During this, keep your spine straight.
- There should be no pressure on any place in this posture.
If you are willing to learn different types of yoga along with keeping your body healthy, you can learn 500 Hour Yoga Teacher Training in Rishikesh, India.
5. Neck Rolls
Due to continuous work throughout the day in the office, people often face the problem of neck pain and strain. If this problem starts while working, then it can affect your work as well. This problem can most likely be due to working continuously while sitting on a computer or laptop. Or people who work with their neck bowed, keep having this problem. You can take the help of neck rolls to get rid of neck pain and stiffness in the office.
Neck Roll Method:
- To practice the neck roll, sit up straight on a chair.
- Now first of all, comfortably turn your neck to the right.
- After taking it to the right, now bring it to the middle.
- Now move your neck to the left.
- You can do this process up and down side by side.
Practicing all the above mentioned yoga postures will benefit you in the problem of stress and pain etc. happening during office. If you are suffering from any disease or bone problem, then definitely consult your doctor before practicing these asanas. If you liked this article, then share it with other people.