Netgear EX6110 is a dual-band WiFi range extender that provides access to a flawless internet connection. Netgear EX6110 extender supports the 802.11ac WiFi technology. The FastLane technology allows the extender’s frequency bands to expand simultaneously and provide a wonderful internet experience. Despite these features, users have complained about the poor WiFi speed of the Netgear EX6110 extender.
If you have also performed Netgear EX6110 setup and your extender is delivering poor WiFi speed, then we have got you covered. Here, we will reveal various tricks that will help you resolve the poor WiFi speed of the Netgear EX6110 extender. So, read on.
Fixed: Netgear EX6110 Extender’s Poor WiFi Speed
Relocate Your Netgear EX6110 Extender
The incorrect location of your Netgear EX6110 extender is the primary reason why your WiFi device is delivering poor speed. So, consider changing its location. Keep the following points in mind while relocating your Netgear EX6110 extender:
- Choose a well-ventilated room to place your Netgear wireless extender.
- Place your Netgear EX6110 extender and the router in the same room.
- Make sure not to place your WiFi device in corners or near concrete walls.
- Ensure that the WiFi signals of your Netgear EX6110 extender are not getting interfered. So, keep it away from cordless phones, refrigerators, baby monitors, microwave ovens, mirrors, fish tanks, aluminum studs, etc.
Connect Your WiFi Devices Properly
An unstable connection between your Netgear EX6110 extender and the router can also be the reason behind the poor WiFi speed. So, check whether the Ethernet cable you’ve used to connect your WiFi devices is non-damaged. In case of any damage, consider replacing it with a new one.
Also, if the connection between your WiFi devices is not stable, it will make it difficult for the extender to detect the router’s signals. So, make sure that the Ethernet connection is finger-tight.
Update the Firmware
Updating the firmware of the Netgear EX6110 extender is necessary for its optimal performance. You might be facing a poor WiFi speed issue due to an outdated firmware of the Netgear range extender. So, we recommend you perform a Netgear extender firmware update as soon as possible.
Follow the steps given below to update the firmware of your Netgear EX6110 extender by accessing the mywifiext setup wizard:
- Turn on your Netgear EX6110 extender and let the power LED stabilize.
- Now, connect your Netgear EX6110 extender to the router using a damage-free Ethernet cable.
- Switch on your computer and download the firmware update file for your Netgear EX6110 extender.
- Thereafter, open a new tab and log in to your Netgear EX6110 extender.
- Click Settings
- Move to the Maintenance section and click the Firmware Update option.
- Upload the firmware file of your Netgear EX6110 extender.
In this way, you can update the firmware of your Netgear EX6110 extender.
- Cut Off WiFi Leeches
Chances are that your Netgear EX6110 is delivering poor WiFi speed due to unauthorized users. These users connect to your Netgear extender’s SSID without your permission and access the internet. As a result, the WiFi speed decreases. You can cut off WiFi leeches by hiding the extender’s Netgear_ext (SSID) of your device.
Here are the steps to change the SSID of your Netgear EX6110 extender:
- Access the Netgear Genie setup wizard.
- Click Settings > Wireless Settings.
- Now, uncheck the Broadcast this Network Name (SSID) for the 2.4GHz and 5GHz frequency bands.
- Click Save.
Your Netgear EX6110 extender’s SSID will not be visible on any network list. Now, no chance of WiFi leeching.
Also Read: How to Change the Netgear Router Settings?
This was all about how to resolve the poor WiFi speed of your Netgear EX6110 extender. If none of the aforementioned hacks worked for you to resolve the issue, then it might be due to an improper configuration of your WiFi device. So, consider resetting your Netgear EX6110 extender and configuring it from scratch in order to regain access to a superb WiFi speed.